Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A few pictures...

Here are a few pictures of what we have accomplished so far...
All the shutters are on the house now...Rich bought the rocking chairs I wanted, yesterday, and put them together for me!
More shutters...
The beginnings of Kalee's room. The black really does tone down the pink...even though you can't really tell in this picture! I was happy that her bed turned out to be the perfect color. I thought it was going to be more of a brown, but it is black - so glad I didn't have to paint it! Kalee helped her Papa set up her bed and she set up all the items in her bathroom. The "staging" room is a complete mess, but she had fun, so I guess I can overlook the mess for now!
Her little dresser. We still have to place things and get some stuff on the wall. She can't wait to put up the items her Aunt Betsy sent her!
The kitchen is completely set up - and I have cabinets and a drawer to spare, which is great!

We are very happy with how the wood floors turned out. Love the stain color.
I really love the stairs!
The slate needs another coat of sealer, but after that we will be ready to use the shower - woo hoo!


I have already tested out the washer and dryer! No more sharing with Grammie (which is obvious because there are still clothes sitting in the dryer from last weekend. Grammie would have had them out and folded up, already. Maybe sharing wasn't such a bad thing!)
Rich just moved our bed up to the house this morning, so tonight will be our first night there. We are supposed to close today at 11, but we will see...they called me yesterday saying that they needed to do an employment verification and asked who they should call (like I know?!) - nothing like waiting until the last minute!

3 comments:

steve, bess, etc said...

Everything looks SO awesome! Love it all!

Grammie T said...

Everything is so finished and put toether!! I didn't realize there was a railing in the foyer...that looks great! Hope the closing details all come together. Have a WONDERFUL first night in your new crib. Love ya, mom

Arlene Price said...

So Beautiful , Congratulations !!!
How was the first night ?
God Bless you all in your new home . Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love there !