Monday, March 16, 2009

The latest...

We started the HUGE task of painting the inside of the house. I took Friday and today off from work to help Rich. We started filling nail holes and caulking the trim early last week and finished most of that by Friday. Rich started spraying the primer on Saturday and the ceiling paint on Sunday. Today we painted Kalee's room and our room. We got most of it done - just a little trim work left to do.

Can you say PINK???? Kalee picked "Fussy Pink" for her room color. She asked me if it would make her fussy...I told her that I sure hoped it wouldn't!
I picked the same brown that we had painted our room in Florida - I love it.It was so dang cold on Saturday that we decided to rent a kerosene heater - I think that is the best investment we have made so far! It ended up being cold and rainy all weekend. I think the sun is finally supposed to come out tomorrow (of course, now that I am going back to work)!A crew came and laid the stone around the fireplace on Saturday - we love it - just wish there was A LOT more of it! The trim is almost finished - they ran out of stuff for the staircase, so they'll be back to finish it tomorrow. The staircase looks great!

2 comments:

Grammie T said...

Just finished looking at all the latest pictures of the house. Everything is really sharp!! Thanks for including a picture of Kalee painting her room- she looks so cute with that big smile on her face!! I like the fireplace stone too...a rich, warm color. What color is the living room going to be? I REALLY like the stair railings!!!This is all so exciting. Keep posting. Love Mom

steve, bess, etc said...

Everything looks so great! Kalee, I just can't imagine you fussy : ). Aunt Betsy will be sending you a 'birthday' present very soon - it's almost ready. I'm pretty sure you're going to love it. It'll go great with fussy pink. Don't even try to guess : )