Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Remembering Grammie Dottie

Our trip to Florida was extended by a few days, due to the death of Rich's Grandma, Dottie. She had been battling lung cancer for the last couple years. She was so full of life, always moving, always busy, always giving, so it was hard to see her health decline. Even on her roughest days we could see her smile ~ we visited with her on Wednesday of last week and she opened her eyes for a few moments. She smiled when she saw Rich, but her eyes absolutely lit up when she saw Kalee. We are so thankful that she is now in heaven, having a party with Jesus, Grampie and Marie (words from Kalee). We had a wonderful Celebration of Life on Monday evening and enjoyed listening to stories, looking at pictures, singing (Grandma had requested that Rich sing a specific hymn with Steve accompanying him on the guitar - it was beautiful!) and visiting with our loved ones. We'll miss you Grammie Dottie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Teresa, for your wonderful comments on Grandma Dottie. It is a beautiful tribute to a faith-filled woman. We all miss her very much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Teresa, for sharing in remembering Mom and her life. Also for getting Sandy and I down there to Fla in a timely fashion....I understand two computers were going at the same time to get the job done right!!!!You are my favorite........uh.......travel agent....:) It was great to see everyone together and it's always a shock when I see Kalee, because she is growing non-stop! See you all again SOON! Love, Teresa

The Aces said...

Yep! I love boating too!!! Once we get moved to NC, Kenny said we can hook-up to the boat and take off any time we want, so Thankfully we won't have to buy one. With you all & Crystal, Kelly, & soon little one, only a state away we'll have to get together and have a big PARTY! I was sad to hear about Dottie! I'd get a kick out of her when she'd come up to visit & her & my mom would kinda gang up on LeMar & torment him. She was always Smileing!!! And I'm sure she still is!! Tell Richie I said HI! And we all send our Love & think of you quite often! XO Bec

Arlene Price said...

Such great memories every has of Dottie .She sure was a special lady and she will be missed but remembered forever. She was very lucky to have all of you all near her to share her love. Teresa, you look so beautiful holding those babies . Think it's time to add on to your family ? I hear it is baby season :) Seems like they are popping out all over the place.
Wish I could have joined you all in your celebration , Billy told me all about it.Your families are an inspiration to all who read your blogs . Please keep them up for a very long time . It's now my favorite reading material .
Love you all ! XO Arlene

The Millers said...

I wish we could have come :-(
love all of ya