Thursday, February 26, 2009

The latest...

The roof is finished and the siding is pretty much completed. They have started the insulation - all the exterior walls are done. AND...we now have porches that we can walk on!!!

The front portch was completed when I got from home this afternoon - it looks great. I really didn't want to have railings on the front porch, but I guess it is code that it has to be there - dumb! :)



So, since I'm keeping track, I think this might be my fourth favorite thing about the house. See the hole with the yellow wire? There are 4 or 5 of them in the eaves around the house...these are plugs for our Christmas lights! No more running extension cords all over creation!
This is the "rock" that covers the area where the well was drilled. Crystal is definitely going to have to help us fix this thing up...it is UGLY!!!

4 comments:

Grammie T said...

The house is definately coming along quickly. From the outside it looks like you could move in. I really like the porches. Can't wait to see it in person. Love to all.

Stacey said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I can't believe how big the house looks - especially from that back view. I think you will be in love when you finally get to move it!

Luv-Ann and Donnie said...

House looks great. I love the front porch with the rails!

steve, bess, etc said...

dang that house is nice! Can't believe how quickly it has come along. Hopefully we can sneak up there sometime later in the year.... we'll see