Saturday, February 21, 2009

Caulking the Siding

We are going to paint the outside of the house ourselves, so we got started with the caulking today. We didn't realize that we would have to do all the caulking, but it went pretty well. Rich, my dad and I worked for about 4 hours and got quite a lot done.
We painted a small portion - Rich and I both have our favorite color, so it's a good thing we went ahead and put some on the house. I think we are going to need some time to decide which one we will pick!
Next week they will lay the shingles and start the drywall. Tony told Rich that we are 90 days out, so that means we can lock in an interest rate at any time. We are hearing that rates are supposed to go down, possible around 4.5%, so we are hoping for that!!!

2 comments:

The Millers said...

I say go with the darker shade. thats my two-cents worth ;-)

Grammie T said...

I like the darker shade. I'm glad I don't know who picked which one...I'm always getting in trouble with you two...hi Kalee, your room is going to be a knock-out! The colors are so vibrant, just like you! Can't wait to come down to Georgia! Love Grammie T