Sunday, August 2, 2009

Finally...some decorating!

Shellie helped me get a lot of decorating done while she was here...we needed another week, at least! The first picture shows some of the new things we picked up at HomeGoods & another local store called Real Deals. We had a fun day of shopping!
I found this rooster after Shellie left...I'm normally not a fan of rooster's, but I loved this one and couldn't pass it up!The rooster, in his home! The basket, on top of the cabinets, was another find. It's not in it's final resting place - yet!I LOVE this picture...It says "Friends...A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails." REALLY makes me miss my friends - sure wish you guys were closer!My favorite "old" pictures that we had in our house in FL. I love them!
I love the clock, too...I used this piece of furniture in our house in FL, as an island. I needed a table for the foyer, so I decided to paint it and distress it a little. It's not perfect yet, but it's a start...
And...Kalee's room...of course! Shellie and I re-arranged it a little - and it gave Kalee a LOT more room on the floor. I have done pretty good at not buying more stuff for Kalee's room, but caved when I found this chair. I love it (shocker, huh?)


I finally hung up Kalee's mirror and her "name", today. I still have a couple shelves and picture frames to hang up - and Grammie T has a cool suprise for Kalee's room. Once we place all that stuff her room will be DONE! SPOILED!

2 comments:

Grammie T said...

Wow! Everything looks so good! It must feel great to be getting things put together. I love Kalee's room even more now...I didn't think it could get any better than it was. I'm sitting here looking at her special surprise right now....how am I going to get that down there?? LOL

Luv-Ann and Donnie said...

House looks great. I can't wait to come up and see it. The next change we get to come up and am going to do even if Donnie doesn't want to drive up. Lazy butt!